Mito Marie

Mito Marie
MitoMarie. Yep that's me!

Friday, June 10, 2016

You Have a Disease...

Becoming a teenager is difficult enough, but going through your teenage years while developing a misunderstood, invisible disability that nobody can figure out is a whole different story. Imagine being a healthy, active freshman in high school who has no particular cares in the world, but then one day you begin to have complaints of fatigue, weakness, and pain that nobody understands. Of course everyone's going to think you're crazy. I did. There were times even I thought "Am I making it up? Is it all in my head?" I didn't think so, but nobody would believe me. Have you ever felt that alone? As if nobody would ever really understand how you feel... ever again? Being a teenager is hard... especially when you have mitochondrial disease. Welcome to my blog all about my journey through the struggle of getting diagnosed with Mitochondrial Disease. This journal gives insight into the highs and lows of learning to live with an "invisible disability". Follow me as I take you through the roller coaster of my life, and I hopefully I can help you or your loved one understand how to get through it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment